Overview : Services Offered at WriteSteps Occupational Therapy San Diego
- At WriteSteps Occupational Therapy, located in San Diego, comprehensive evaluation and treatment in numerous areas, including visual motor skills, visual perceptual skills, handwriting, self-care (including shoe tying), motor planning and praxis, spatial awareness, and sensory integration.
- One-on-one treatment to ensure an optimal learning environment for a child’s success.
- Sensory integration clinic, utilizing suspended equipment (such as platform and lycra swings)
- Specializing in strengthening fine motor skills as they relate to handwriting and a child's day to day activities.
- Treatment of children with feeding disorders, including food refusal and 'picky eaters'
- Devising sensory processing strategies and activities according to each specific child, including children with ADHD.
- OT treatment sessions to be directly related to the school and home environment.
- Teacher and parent consultation is provided in order to ensure cohesion among therapy, home, and school environment.
- Workshops provided to teachers and parents to help provide strategies to improve fine motor skills and handwriting in the classroom or at home.
Programs Used at WriteSteps Occupational Therapy San Diego
At WriteSteps Occupational Therapy, located in San Diego, Danielle combines a variety of programs and strategies to provide the highest level of individualized care. She believes in treating the child using a variety of methods in order to provide the "best fit" for each child. Programs that may be incorporated during therapy sessions include:
- Neurokinesthetic approach included in handwriting methods
- Handwriting Without Tears-Upper and Lower Case Printing and Cursive
- Benbow’s Loops and Groups Cursive Handwriting Program
- Encorporates the following programs into treatment to address both visual motor and visual perceptual aspects of handwriting:
- Write From the Start By Teodorescu and Addy
- Callirobics: Handwriting Exercises to Music
- Let's Do It Write-Copying From the Board
- Anne Arbor Visual Tracking Program
- Visual Perceptual Skill Building by Critical Thinking Books
- Brain Gym
- Brain Balance Program by Dr. Melillo
- The ALERT Program: How Does Your Engine Run?
- Take Five: Staying Alert at Home and School
- The Wilbarger Brushing Program
- Internationally program recognized SOS Approach to Feeding Disorders
At WriteSteps Occupational Therapy, Danielle works with children throughout San Diego County from ages 2 through high school. Diagnoses of some of her clients include:
(difficulty in producing legible
- Learning disabilities
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Down’s Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Motor Coordination Disorders
- Developmental Delays
- Feeding Disorders